Wednesday, January 17, 2007

feeling narcissistic..

Joshie!!!

Hi my name is Shamala Devi Samikannu. You can call me Shamala.

As Woody Allen said in Scoop,"I was born into the Hebrew tradition,but turned narcissistic".Haha.That was a good movie.Matchpoint is also a highly recommended movie.Oh ya if you had not noticed, I am not Jew but was merely quoting him.I love reading,surfing the net, sleeping,irritating the people around me by being myself and advicing or counselling people. I will not exactly say I 'love' the last part,but my friends and sisters often (older) seek my advice because I tend to be objective.Most of the time.

I wish to become a journalist or pursue a career in the media.I and Hamsa(good friend from junior college) are currently thinking about opening a business together.It came up when she said that business was the way to make the big bucks.Like duh!Either that or marry a rich guy.But i would not want to depend upon another person for money when I am older even if it is my spouse.





See what boredom can do??Hamsa
and me..cranky while waiting to get
on the skyway in genting..

At that moment,I remembered that some say that businesses should not be done with friends or family. Which sounds logical. In times of profit,everyone would be happy.However,when losses are being incurred,there would be tensions.I pointed this out to her.Then we both got disillusioned and decided to continue having our drinks. I would have liked to say "decided to continue having our coffee" as it sounds nicer , but unfortunately I do not drink coffee or tea.Maybe Chinese tea.

Family...me,my sisters,'baldie'(cousin
whom we grew up with) n brother-in-law

I have two older sisters ,which makes me the youngest.Sounds like fun?Maybe not when your siblings try to cheat while playing dumb when you are young. In addition,my relatives Still do not trust me to pass a message to my parents because I am the Youngest.Argh.Apparently,I never grew up in their eyes. Then I wonder where they have been getting those white hairs from?Hmm. Then again being the youngest does have its advantages.

One of my sisters just got married in July.Really miss her.It is not that she lives very far away.She lives in Woodlands while I live in Yishun.But I guess it is just not the same anymore.Sigh!I hope I am not sounding wussy.

What more? Oh ya I can officially watch RA movies since last year march. Oh ya one very bad thing about me is that I hold grudges very badly. I forgive very easily but I never forget.I am really trying to change this aspect of my character. Another bad thing about me is that I am rather blunt.According to my sister, I "have no tack"(is that the correct spelling?).I think so.

I am kinda of sleepy so better hit the bed before I fall asleep during class tomorrow.
Haha..We don't know who that auntie is..her
expression is classic tho..

3 comments:

Renhao said...

Aiyohlah Shamala... your last photo is such a classic lol

ill behaviour said...

i ma steal that photo and put it on my page!

Sham said...

Haha thank you Renhao...this is what happens when 4 bored individuals hang out together...you look rather "innocent" when you were young..what happened??

Siti..pay me for that picture... Muahaha..