Friday, April 06, 2007

QotW10:Second Life:Reincarnation in the same life?


Me!
Euphrosyne Whitfield is my name on Second Life. The reason behind the name? Well, my friends often tease me for my lack of imagination when it comes to creating user names. I wanted to prove them wrong by choosing something not too bad this time. I decided on Euphrosyne, as it was the name of the Goddess of Joy in Greek mythology and sounds actually nice. Remembering the name? Well, that is a totally different question. I guess I have to rely on my bad memory or write it down somewhere. But then again I may have trouble remembering where I wrote it down. Too much of digression. Let me continue talking about my avatar.

I entered the orientation island with much enthusiasm. I Could walk through water (not on water. I am not Jesus). However, I was soon faced with a barrier (literally). I encountered a high fence and was trying to get around it. A guy started chatting with me. However, I scared him away by flying over the fence. My failed attempts in flying made me end up in the bushes. My sister was standing behind me laughing her head off.Argh..Feeling tired of the routine of failing, I decided to teleport myself out of it to a club. I felt like a ghost because there were many who walked just past me.

After three days, I teleported myself to a place called “Dreams Come True”. It was really interesting. There were accessories, paintings amongst others sold there.


At Dreams
Come True


Siiting at the gallery

Then I decided to make my avatar look like me. I darkened the skin tone, made the hair rumpled and thicker, widened the eyes and lengthened the eyelashes. I know that I do not have a nice (I believe in euphemisms) nose. I did not realise the extent of it until I tried to alter my avatar’s nose. Oh my god! What a horrible nose I have. It is big And blunt. The truth really hurts. Wishing not to learn any more horrible truths about my features, I decided to slightly alter my clothes. I changed the tights into a skirt and the back of my shirt.


Asking for Directions




I remembered Kevin saying that there are many places on Second Life that offer free stuff. I decided to stay true to my Singaporean roots by going for it. I went to Hang Flame Plaza. There were a lot of shops there selling a variety of items.
I went to gallery there.The stuff were really good there.I decided to fly to have a better look at the pictures.
Spellbounded by the pictures







Flying at the gallery

I am not that good in Second Life as I am still new to it. It is social networking on another level. One thing I dislike about it is that it is time consuming.I hope to create a movie there some day after I have learned the technicalities behind Second Life.Until then,I will be contented to live among Real people in the Real world.

No comments: